No products in the cart.
Yep we truly believe paddle boarding is the best sport in the world by far, and here is why….
- Improves balance: Getting that balance on your stand up paddle board does require core stability and leg strength to maintain balance. This not only helps you have a good balance while paddle boarding but increases your focus and balance in day-to-day activities too.
- Full body workout: You are using a lot of muscles when paddle boarding, actually majority of them. Because of the balance required, leg muscles will be hard at work attempting to stabilize your center of gravity. Your abs are constantly getting a work out along with your arms and shoulders.
- Low impact: Standup paddling is a very low impact exercise. Therefore, it is unlikely that you will do damage to the tendons and ligaments of your joints if your paddling technique is done correctly. For those who love the outdoors, adventure and want a low impact but good workout then paddle boarding is the one of you. Its a great break from high impact sport to give you a break and still get the exercise.
- Less Stress: Whenever you are on the water you naturally feel distressed, you always feel great after a paddle too as you get some exercise…oh and don’t forget to take some great shots of the scenery along the way.
- Overall increased strength: If you get addicted to paddle boarding (which is easy) you will find that your strength will increase, its a win/win
- Cardio / Endurance : Push yourself that bit more by doing higher intensity training on your SUP, there are great gadgets out there which can track your heart rate, distance and even your paddling technique. One you subconsciously have your balance also try some more exposed water paddling which give you a great buzz
- Nature: We can’t explain enough how many great places you will come across. Grab your SUP buddy and go explore
The warmer weather is also going to creep up on us with spring only a month away. Hope you got some great tips out of this article Jane - Drift Paddleboards